9.10.2011

1 gram of protein = 4 calories


The other day Oliver offered the prayer on our dinner. After beginning, he said,

"Thank you for the protein."

I guess I've indoctrinated Oliver on the basics of nutrition a bit much. I realized this again when I told him that carrots were good for his eyes. He responded to that fact by sticking a carrot in his eye.

Food for a two year old makes sense if it's sweet (pancakes with lots o' syrup), neat to look at (spinach looks like a tree leaf), or a Goldfish cracker. Still, it doesn't hurt if I mention that milk will make his bones strong when he's eating lunch. But first, I guess I need to explain the meaning of "bones."

4 comments:

Janice said...

You come by it genetically. I have never heard a family value protein the way your mom did.

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

That's great! I love all the cute pics. It is so fun to see how big Oliver is getting. What a cutie!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

That's funny about the prayer - smart kid

Chap said...

I'm going to have to start thanking for the protein, too!