5.22.2014

The night we went to the ballet

I've never been to a ballet and I've always wanted to go. Last night I got my chance. 

A few weeks ago, Jess attended a charity event and one of the things up for auction was dinner and tickets for two to a Ballet West performance.  It must be said that I am glad that I did not attend this event with Jess. Don't get me wrong, it would have been fun but I would have been telling Jess not to bid on the tickets.  Why?  Because I am overly cheap and utilitarian.  I would have told him to bid on something we could use...like a Star Wars poster signed by Billy Dee Williams (we can keep that!).  See, it is good I didn't go.

I loved going to the ballet.  It exceeded my expectations and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Plus, it's nice to come out of a theatre on a warm, breezy night and walk across the street with the guy who had the kind thought to bid on ballet tickets. 


2 comments:

Chap said...

Night at the ballet, night at the museum, similar in content:)

Chap said...

Night at the ballet, night at the museum, similar in content:)