8.02.2013

Book Review: A Champion's Mind: Lessons from a Life in Tennis, by Pete Sampras

First let me tell you, I don't really play tennis.  I've tried a couple of times and had a lot of fun, but I don't really know what I am doing.  Still, I really like watching tennis.  I'd probably say it is my favorite game to watch.  I picked up this book after Wimbleton because I was caught up in all of the hype. 

Sampras explains why he succeeded in tennis.  He certainly had the tennis gift, he was disciplined, and he worked hard.  It was fun to read about what motivated him and how he perceived what was happening to him as a tennis player.  For example, during his first grand slam win he was kind of like, "What? I actually am here and I am winning this?"

It is always interesting to see what makes a successful person tick.  And that's why I enjoy reading biographies.  This one was good.



No comments: