8.20.2013

Book Review: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

This book was highly recommended to me and was a Readers Choice book, so many people have really liked it.  For me, it was probably a 2 out of 4.  The story is told from the point of view of an old dog, which was pretty clever.  Plus, the author intertwined the skills of Formula One racing into the story and used it's tenets as a backdrop for dealing with life's twists and turns.  But, the story is sad.  I wanted to finish it just to get it over with, and luckily it was a very quick read.  I am in no mood for sad stories, maybe that is why I gave it a 2.  True, there is redemption at the end, and that was good.  And, just as a let's-see-if-my-prediction-is-correct comment, I could see this book being made into a movie someday.

1 comment: