7.25.2008

Tuna and a Movie

Last weekend, we went to see Dark Knight, the latest Batman film. Since it was opening night, a lengthy line had formed to get into the theater; still, we arrived early enough to guarantee us a seat at least 10 rows from the front. Good planning, we thought to ourselves. But the guy in front of us was one step ahead. Sure, he was one position in front of us to get into the theater, but he had also brought his movie treat from home, wrapped in tinfoil, hidden from theater staff in hopes of successfully getting it into the theater. Forget big coats, carrying a light jacket, or limiting yourself to using just pants pockets, this guy had his food stored under his high-riding baseball cap. See below:



Midway through Dark Knight, I began to smell tuna. That's what must have been in the tinfoil.

Haven't we all tried to sneak some food into a theater before? I mean, movie treats sold at the theater (and even movie rental places) aren't all that great and they certainly aren't worth the increased prices. My brother used to say that robbing a movie candy delivery truck would be smarter than robbing a armored bank vehicle because the goods inside were worth more. I remember once, my friends and I had the great idea of bringing a whole meal to a movie. We planned to bring everything in, from party potatoes to punch, and then some. When it came time to execute our plan, we ended up ordering a pizza and putting the hot slices into plastic zip-loc bags and then into our coat pockets. Yep, we were successful in getting them into the theater, but once we pulled our slices out, they were soggy and cold. I wonder what the pizza would have tasted like had we used tinfoil.

8 comments:

jo said...

Ha! That is some genius right there. I am indeed impressed.

I'm curious, how did you like the film?

We saw it as well.

kel said...

that is great! once my roommates and i went to see... well i can't remember the movie but i remember we judged the time wrong and ended up taking our oiniony, vinegary, garlicky subs into the theater in our pants pockets. needless to say we filled up the place with delicious aromas.

oh, and your previous post has made me crave a egg and cheese toast sammy!

Da said...

So everyone I talked to loved the movie!! So the show must be worth it. Yeah maybe next time when I go, I'll sneak food in my boy's clothes, stroller, diaper bag, and other misc baby items so we can have steak subs, french fries and some nice cola in his baby bottle bag.hehehee

Natalie said...

Of all the nasty things to have to smell in a movie theater. I really don't like tuna. But I did like the Dark Knight! What did you guys think? We need to hang out soon!

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Yum... I remember party potatoes. In fact, I had some tonight. DELICIOUS!

Janice said...

This story is hilarious!

Unknown said...

that is really funny, that guy is so random. once with my friends we sneaked in an entire KFC family dinner. passed out the paper plates and all in the theater and just started dishing up. it was great until the people in front of us turned around probably questioning if they were really smelling fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy etc, and it turned out to be a bunch of guys we knew. embarrasssing but hey, we were hungry!

ash said...

Holley, that is hilarious! If only I could have pulled that off.