10.24.2008

Sweater Weather

My grandma was a superb knitter. She knit this sweater for my mom when she was younger. She also knit a matching one for my dad. They were a set of ski sweaters, I recall my mom explaining. One of my sisters has my dad's version.
Today, I wore the sweater to work. It's made of wool so it's nice and toasty, perfect for a fall walk outside. Much of the charm of the sweater is in the details. My grandma had her own tag (Hand Knit and Fashioned by) and just look at those buttons.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so cool! I love the sweater and I love the story behind even more.

kel said...

i've got Dad's and i can't believe he fit into it. it's pretty small but he was a fit young skier.

the classics never fail.

jo said...

I've also got one that I believe I borrowed/stole from kel.

But I must say, you make her sweaters look fantastic!

Way to keep the legacy alive.

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

sweet sweater! love the story behind it! hand-me-downs are the bomb diggity! (sp?) my mom knitted me a white blanket for me to use on my blessing day, maddox used the same blanket! so special! she also save a bunch of other stuff that i wore as a baby but since maddox is a boy i havent seen most of it! she did however give me this vermont basketball tshirt that i used to wear, my dad played bball there, and now maddox wears it! it totally cracks me up! anyway, loved reading your thoughts! haha! btw, you said if i invited you, youd leave comments! get on it before you lose your invite! ha!