10.22.2008

It's Carvin' Time

Here's my sister and her husband's pumpkin battling my husband and my pumpkin (can you tell what they are?). These pumpkins were carved last year using steak knives. A trying task indeed. This year, I went to look for proper pumpkin carving tools but no grocery store here seems to carry them. Despite my disappointment, I did have fun sticking my hand into a motion sensitive candy-cauldron, where a skeleton hand closes down on your own with the accompaniment of an evil laugh. Yeah, I put my hand in a couple of times and got scared a couple of times.

As my Halloween luck would have it, my sister sent me some pumpkin carving tools in the mail the other day so we are set to carve for real this year. Thanks! And I just might make some Halloween cake donuts or some pumpkin donuts to spice up this time of year. What are your traditions for Halloween?

2 comments:

Janice said...

I'm so glad you are joining the carving fun again this year even if it has to be long distance.

Natalie said...

Proper tools!? I've never heard of such things. We always used good old kitchen knives. I guess that's why our pumpkins were so lame... Be sure to invite me over when you make donuts! lol