10.16.2008

So about produce

A couple of posts ago, I asked for good ways to enjoy fresh produce. Your comments helped, and your suggestions are being put to good use, really. I've also been able to enjoy great veggie recipes. Here's one way I've been preparing fresh green beans, it's a recipe from my sister.
And here's another way to enjoy corn with a kick, a recipe from a friend at work.

Other delicious foods that aren't about produce but I feel like mentioning:
Peanut Butter and honey on toasted wheat bread,
Cottage cheese mixed with salsa (with tortilla chips, if desired).

Any fall foods you particularly like? I'm always looking to expand my horizons.

4 comments:

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Taco Soup:
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of steamed tomatoes
1 lb. of ground beef
2 cans of black beans
Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips. Top the soup with a dollup (sp?) of sour cream and grated cheese. DELICIOUS... and cheap.

Natalie said...

I suggest crockpot butternut squash soup. I can email you the recipe if you want. It's delicious!

english said...

yes, I second the squash in the fall! acorn squash halved in the oven. beans in the pot. sweet potatoes.

surely you must have tried Soren's "doggie petrified wood" recipe

jo said...

I third the butternut squash soup and first kel's tomato soup (found on the Agreeable Recipe Book). We always seem to have that near Halloween.

Butternut squash is also very good cubed and cooked in a skillet with a little butter.

Wasail, fresh bread, anything to make the house a little warmer and smell delicious.