7.02.2018

Excellente Escalante

Back when snow was on the ground, my sister and I made a reservation down in Escalante Grand Staircase. When Jess and I were dating, my family and I went down to this exact spot and Jess didn’t get to come. He’s been wanting to go ever since and we finally made it happen! We had a group site and lots of family members joined us. It was a wonderful time. 

The hike to Lower Calf Creek was beautiful and the final stop was stunning!  Oliver jumped right in! Ian took the plunge and then Ansel. The waterfall was cold! But the kids loved it. 

We swam in the reservoir lots. One morning Ollie caught some fish with his uncle and cousin. They brought it back to camp and ate it for breakfast. 

We took an evening hike to see petrified wood. Ian loved the hike. He said, “I do it!” as he walked up the inclines. 

Our last stop was along the Escalante river. It was perfect for a hot day. Oliver floated down the river and said it was better than any lazy river he’d played in at various water parks. 

It was a great camp out we’ll have to do again!

No comments: