I don't need a smart phone, at least not yet. I know my personality, and I would probably waste a bit too much time on it. Did I ever mention that when email was introduced, I checked my email account ALL OF THE TIME? It was exhausting. This leads me to a short anecdote: The other day my brother came over to my house. He saw Jess' phone (an iPhone 5) sitting on the counter and then mine (an old Samsung), after which he exclaimed, "If Jess has a smart phone, then what do you call yours, Ash? A dumb phone?" The answer is yes.
Here are the top 6 reasons you know you have a "dumb phone":
- only four app icons could fit on the screen, that is, if apps could be put on it
- your bro-in-law goes to use it and touches the small (see above) screen to scroll down, nothing happens
- the keyboard slides out
- texts do not come in conversation bubbles, they come in 160 character segments
- photos are the quality of a 7/eleven surveillance video
- your 16-year-old nephew sees your phone and says, "Oh, you've got the free phone."
So until I get a smart phone, my dumb phone will have to do. And I'm okay with that.
p.s. I came up with this list whilst up in the night feeding the little one. It's interesting the things you think about at 2am.