11.10.2010

30% off, wahoo

This past weekend we went to the store to buy Jess some shoes for work. He'd just about worn through his old pair and needed some new. As you know, dress shoes for men are not a cheap item, so you can imagine my delight when a stranger came up to me:

"Ma 'am?"

"Yes?"

"I've got this 30% coupon, and I can't find any shoes that I like. Could you use it?"

"Of course! My husband is picking out a pair of shoes right now. Thanks!"

And off he went.
And we saved about 25 bucks. I will tell you, that was one of the closest situations I've had were there was nearly no opportunity cost whatsoever, just free discounts! That $25 savings helped to pay for the majority of the oil change I got yesterday. More on that later...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I like to offer people my spare coupons as well. For some reason I always feel a little weird doing it but I do it anyway. :)

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

This makes me want to go hand out some coupons to strangers. What a good deed.