7.10.2007

A summer holiday

We spent the fourth of July holiday in Maryland's capital city, Annapolis. We visited the Naval Academy there, in addition to taking a look at the state capital building (we even chatted with the Town Crier), Annapolis harbor, and the Independence Day parade. It was quite a parade. It included everything from Jazzercise-ing women to the Van club of Maryland. The fireworks over the Chesapeake Bay were some of the best I've seen. We ate at a suggested restaurant on Main Street, Chick and Ruth's Delly. We got a classic meal: strawberry shake, fries, and a pickle sandwich...I mean, a cheesburger. It was a good time. If you're ever in the area, I suggest you visit Annapolis.

3 comments:

Janice said...

While I have spent a lot of time in the DC area, I have never been to Anapolis. Maybe I can talk Dentist husband into going back there for UEA

jo said...

Awesome. And I love your picture. A pickle sandwich, eh? Sounds good. Kind of like a ketchup and mustard sand.

kel said...

a pickle sandwich is better than a fat sandwich, wouldn't you agree?