7.16.2007

Airline Miles...lost

My mom started a frequent flier account for me a while ago, I think about 8 years back, and I had earned lots of points. I never knew my account number. I think I wrote it down a couple of times on some paper, then put it on the shelf in my room. My shelf wasn't very organized and I lost the number over and over again. Still, my mom kept track of my account and it seemed to me that I had a nice amount stockpiled.

This past week I found out my account number using the quick and convenient concept called customer service. Sadly enough, half of my stocked up points were lost last year, and the rest of them were lost January of this year due to inactivity (defined as no activity with the account for over a year). Blast!

3 comments:

Janice said...

I have never kept track of ours. I need to but I am sure most of mine are lost as well.

Jess said...

Ash, I am telling you, call the airline and tell them where they can go if they don't give you your miles back. The only language these people understand is intimidation, force, and rudeness. At least that's what I have heard.

jo said...

What's even more strange, is my account has been active (div com trips and the like) and I haven't built up that many points at all... I'm beginning to wonder here...