4.21.2022

Spring means Easter, eggs, and egg launching(!?!)

Celebrating Easter with my family and the extended family got me all teary-eyed this year. The good kind of teary-eyed! I think this happened because 1) I’m getting older and thus more sensitive and willing to let the emotions flow, 2) its definitely nice to take EXTRA time to celebrate that He lives!, and 3) a weekend with my family is always a reason for those emotions. I feel so much for my immediate and extended family. Spending time with them emphasizes that feeling. 

Here’s my own little family in our Sunday best. Is it bad that Elsie is the only kiddo wearing new springy clothes? Life’s moving fast over here. The kids are growing and time seems to speed by. So much so that there’s no time to look for Easter clothes. Or dye Easter eggs.


Still, we held the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt in our yard and it was so fun! The weather showed up for us - a sunny afternoon sandwiched between rain, and the 50+ kids found 700+ eggs with the most exciting part being the finding of the special silver egg. It was great to get back to it after we took two years off due to COVID. 

On Sunday, we did an Easter Egg hunt at Grandma’s house. Her yard makes for the best hunt. Up hills, behind boulders, even up in trees. It was funny because the easiest eggs to find, those hidden among the grass, were the last to be found. 


At one point, I was pointing out an egg to Elsie and right then Ian swooped in and grabbed it. But Elsie didn’t really care. She was enjoying all of the other good things in the yard like the chimes, birds, flowers and the swing!


Later that evening, we had dinner at an Uncle and Aunt’s house. The kids played and played. Did they get enough dinner? Probably not, but they did have fun. We finished off the night with an egg launch. We didn’t dye eggs, but we did hard boil some and shoot them far across a field to be caught by family with baseball gloves on the other side. The creative ideas my brothers come up with! I mean, come on! Here Oliver launches one wayyyyy across the field. 


Elsie just wanted to eat an egg. I guess this answers my previous question, she didn’t get enough dinner. Ha!


It was a beautiful day and perfect way to end a great weekend. Happy Easter and welcome spring!

No comments: