4.27.2022

Go For It!

As I was scrolling through Instagram, a person I follow tagged this post. 



 
Did you read the whole post? At the end, I was like, yes! I was (am) like this girl and did some of the very same things. Fear has such a hold on us sometimes, maybe a lot of times. But I loved what she said, “…the greatest memories I have from every single year I spent in school happened when I was afraid and I did it anyways.” Do you find this to be true? Do your best memories result from doing something hard? A lot of mine do!

I have nieces and nephews that do the hard a lot more than I was doing in college. They try out for things, sign up for challenges, set their sights high. They go for it! I have many family members that go for it! My kids sometimes go for it (fist pump!). I have many friends who do the same. These are not people who are necessarily free from fear. Nope. They’ve embraced it and use it to their advantage. It’s amazing! 

Time and time again I hear this message and I love it. I’m making it a part of my life one small step at a time. Baby steps over here, but steps nonetheless!

No comments: