8.19.2020

Things we’ve done during the pandemic

Here we are in month five of safety measures to stay healthy amidst COVID-19. Here’s the latest. 


We did a chocolate chip cookie taste test. My brother’s family has been taste testing everything from Oreo flavors to Root Beer brands every Sunday. One Sunday, when they were gone and we didn’t have it to look forward to, we did our cookie taste test. Peanut butter chocolate chip was the best. 


The boys have played hard with family and neighborhood friends. Ian crashes about one day a week (and sometimes with naan in his hands). 


We’ve made homemade ink and quill pens, thanks to my sister who sent out a cousin club activity box full of neat things to do. 


We had a bike parade for the 24th of July. Our whole neighborhood was involved. Old came out to cheer on the young. It was a lot of fun! And all social distancing compliant. 


We did a mega slip-n-slide with Grandpa T and cousins. It was so fun especially on a hot day. 


We had a great time in Bear Lake with my sister’s family. We felt normal for a week. Vacation is so good for the soul. 


Growing and smiling is Elsie’s jam these days. 


We went minnow catching in a nearby stream. 


Mini golfing when the course had no one on it was a plus. Ollie and Ansel brought their own putters. We take this game very seriously, can’t you tell?

I remember back in March, I mentally prepared myself to do this quarantine stuff until May. Now we’re in August with many more months of the same to come. I didn’t think I could do it, but I know I can. We can do this. We have to do this. My kids having smoothly transitioned to the changes but school is starting. We shall see how it goes. We can do this. We have to do this. I know we can. 

No comments: