5.27.2020

Reminders



I’m not sure why I often have to remind myself that I cannot force a child to be something he/she is not. Let kids be themselves. My children are not me and they will do things in different ways. That’s okay! Almost fun to watch. I can encourage, support, guide. Kids are amazing individuals with awesome potential and as a parent I am their  cheerleader and teacher, assistant and listener, the individual with unfailing love.

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou

Somewhere along the line I figured out, the only thing really, I think, a parent can do is say I love you, there’s nothing you can do wrong, you cannot hurt my feelings, I hope you will forgive me on occasion, and what do you need me to do? You offer up that to them. I will do anything I possibly can to keep you safe. That’s it. Offer that up and then just love them. Tom Hanks

If your kids grow up in a home where they are loved and supported and encouraged to live their dreams, that will make the difference. Gabrielle Blair

If you don’t know who you are, that is, a child of God, then you don’t live up to your potential and you don’t focus on where you are going. A neighbor friend of mine

Which leads me to what’s the most important thing I can teach a child - that they are a loved child of God. I must remember that about myself then go forth and do my best at parenting. 


No comments: