11.13.2019

A Place for Us and some other comments

This isn't necessarily a book review, but I do want to say that this book is an excellent read. It speaks of family ties, loss of culture, and most importantly, mercy. I recommend it.

Also, a while ago I read The Art of Racing in the Rain and posted about it. In that post, I mentioned that the book was sure to become a movie. And indeed it has.
Jess came home with the DVD last weekend (we're old school like that sometimes, thanks Redbox!), and I told him it was a sad story. We both cried! And we both want a golden retriever now, no joke. Maybe in a few years. Who knows?

And then, this movie, Ford v Ferrari.
Have you heard of it? My brother sent me the early trailer many months ago and it's finally in theaters. Apparently, it's a story about friendship with car racing included. What's rare is that's its a true car story with real driving craziness instead of a made up one with crazy car antics (I'm looking at you Fast & Furious). Maybe after I see this one, I'll want a Ford GT40.

No comments: