2.14.2019

Valentines Day

I very am grateful for this group. I love them lots and lots and lots. 

And on this day, but really everyday, I cherish the friendship with and the love I have for the man on the left. 

Here’s an excerpt of a post I wrote a few years ago and never pressed “publish.” It still is apropos for today. 

Indeed, I've got a great Valentine. I remember years ago when Jess and I were dating as freshmen. He gave me a card and some flowers and thanked me for being his Valentine. Man! I felt so special (and nervous that I liked him so much).

Life gets busy. We sure fill it with lots of stuff. Sometimes Jess and I get so busy we don't have a moment to talk. By the end of the day we're so tired that I think we'll be zonked out right as we hit the pillow. But then we start talking. 

And talking. 

And talking. 

And then when we're nearing the end of conversation, one of us says, "ok, just one last thing..." But it ends up not being the last thing. And we talk and talk more. And we laugh and laugh. We think we are so funny. And I cherish those moments. Smiling, thinking, wondering, discussing. There, when both of us are just bushed, but we can't seem to stop. 

Some of the talking is important. Some of it is not. Like, take for instance last night, we talked about what we wore in 8th grade.  Me, a thermal gray shirt with oversized hand-me-down gap jeans cinched with a braided belt; and he, a teal hockey jersey with cream jeans. See why we laugh?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Give out some hugs. 

1 comment:

Chap said...

Perfect for Valentines!