11.26.2018

Thanksgiving

A couple of years after we moved into our house, Jess mentioned that he thought it’d be fun to host Thanksgiving. I didn’t have as much excitement for such a task. I worried about all the work, the cleaning, the stress! What if the turkey wasn’t right or the mashed potatoes were over whipped?

Fast forward to this year, where I have a few cooked turkeys under my belt, the mashed potato king by my side, and a dining room table that has a leaf. We had 20+ people over and it was a delight. I brined the turkey (and turkey breast) and Jess prepped the potatoes to perfection. The company was wonderful, the side dishes superb, and the desert plentiful. 

Here we are putting the finishing touches on the meal. Jess and his dad carved the turkey!

Ansel dressed up as a pilgrim. His cousin was a Native American. It was fun

We had a kid table and an adult table which worked perfectly. 

It was really a wonderful afternoon...except for the short time when two pipes under the sink came separated from each other (due to a loose fastener) and about three gallons of water flooded into the basement. But everyone acted quickly and the problem was addressed. 

I am so grateful for the people who came and who I love so much. What a great way to spend one of my favorite holidays. 

1 comment:

Chap said...

It was the best! You are an amazing hostess. We love all of you, too!