9.25.2018

Writing an album

All of my boys love to listen to music, dance to music, play or attempt to play music. Recently, Ansel has taken to writing his own songs via Garage Band with assistance from me. We listen to beats and put them together then play them back and make needed tweaks. Once a song is finished, Ansel names it and we import it to iTunes where we add it to our music library.  It’s fun to see him understand what it means to be an “artist” and how an album comes about. He’s also learning what it means to be famous and how that can affect one’s life. The other day he said to me, “Mom, perhaps (he uses this word a lot lately) I want to write music but don’t want to be famous. I want to walk around without being bothered.” Sounds good to me!

Oliver helped make a CD “case” and Ansel did the writing and created the paper grid artwork. 

The Flying Stars album is a work in progress, but it’s showing great promise. 

His song titles are the best! Don’t Down was his first track and it includes vocals from him and Ian. Oxelmation shows true originality and has some amazing club beats. The songs that follow are similar with some instrumentals from Ansel mixed in. The whole album is expected to be dynamic and surprising, experimental and refined. I told him musicians can take a year plus to complete an album to which he responded, “I definitely won’t take that long.”The expected release date is January 2019. 

This musician is a busy guy!



1 comment:

Chap said...

Oh, Ash, you are the coolest mom, ever! What lucky, creative kids you have, who have the opportunity to create and enjoy life! Good job everyone!! Can't wait to get my copy!