9.27.2018

Winging it


Today I held a training meeting for an art project at the elementary school. I was supposed to give the intro to the project then start a video explaining it. Technical difficulties with the video resulted in me explaining the project. I thought the whole thing went smoothly. Afterward, a woman at the training said to me, is there a way to check out the video?  Um, yeah, so I guess the whole thing didn’t go all that smoothly. 

I recently read an article mentioning how mom’s have a lot going on all of the time. When they are buying groceries their mind is going a mile a minute deciding what each night’s dinner will be like and how the family will work around sports and parent teacher conference. They’ve got to have knowledge of how much toilet paper is available so they can restock without any delay in service. This is the same with soap, cheese (at least at my house), garbage bags, paper, sandwich bags. Their is concern about what birthday party gift they need to pick up, who is playing with who, and how their oldest kid is growing out of his nice pants. Then their is the picking stuff up and putting it where it belongs. That is why mom’s know where everything is, because if they didn’t, their world would be that much more difficult. 

Doing all of this is a part of my job and it gives me the sense that I can wing other things because I feel like I’m winging everyday parenting life sometimes. However, sometimes my winging it totally fails even when I feel like it was awesome. Such is the case with today’s art presentation. Luckily, I’m not that bothered and I’ll spend a lot more time making sure the equipment works better next time. That, right there, is the joy of today’s occurrence. I can’t change how my presentation went. It’s done and over with. And so I move on. I wish I was that good at accepting all the the things I’m not all that good at. In time, I hope. 

1 comment:

Chap said...

So true about day to day life. And I bet your presentation was great. Glad you aren't so hard on yourself about this. I enjoyed your thought process.