1.30.2018

Author’s gold

When I was in 3rd grade I read the book MATILDA in two days. This was rare for me. I didn’t read a lot as a kid. I’m not sure why I didn’t read a lot, but I think it was because I felt like I had a lot of better things to do. This wasn’t the case with MATILDA. I didn’t want to do anything else but read. 

Now my kids, they actually love to read, but I find that some of the books they’ve ended up thoroughly liking resulted from wetting their whistle and reading it to them at night. Thanks to Jess for this. Once they catch the fire they can really get into a book (Ansel’s interest is a lot higher if pictures are involved). They can’t wait to read or listen to it. When they’re done, it leaves us asking, “Are there more books in this series?” Or “has this author written a thing else?”

A few authors we love around here include:
Roald Dahl
Jeff Kinney
C.S. Lewis
Lemony Snicket

Any additional authors or books you’d recommend?

1 comment:

Chap said...

Ah, reading, such a pleasure. I feel so sad for people who never catch on to it. I like this photo of their concentration-minds in different worlds. And the black and white is cool.