5.26.2010

One year of goodness



We recently celebrated Oliver's first birthday. This kid is a champ and his first year has been great. I didn't have a large party, just something simple. I'll try next year for that.



I made a chocolate, raspberry, with cream cheese frosting cake. The night before Jess had mentioned that maybe Oliver wouldn't like cream cheese frosting. I love it so much, I was sure Oliver would love it too. Turns out Jess was right.



Oliver didn't even swallow a piece of cake. In fact, he spit it out after we put it into his mouth. But we did get a photo. One baked good that I do know Oliver loves is chocolate chip cookies. If I would have given him that it would have been another story.

And here are two simple observations I've made as a new parent: First, the forming of a little person in 9 months is amazing. And second, the growth of a baby over the first year is astonishing.



Here's to another great one.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks so much for including us in the par-tay (even if we weren't told it was a party in advance)! I still want your cake recipe. Oliver is a cutey and I love your collage.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Happy 1st Oliver! The cake looks delicious and I love the month-by-month photos.

ash said...

Yes, Natalie, thanks for coming over to dinner. It really wasn't a party, just a nice birthday celebration on a Sunday afternoon (kinda like I used to have at my house growing up). I am currently working on becoming a good host. And planning a bigger event is my next goal.

jo said...

Happy Birthday little Oliver! Isn't he quite the dapper 1 year old.

You guys look like you threw a wonderful birthday for the little. He's getting so big! And you have to love that smile.

Chap said...

I love the the pictures.

kel said...

happy birthday big O! what a kid, what a kid! sorry he wasn't a fan o' the frosting (you cake looked delicious) but it is better than Tom eating too much cake then throwing up in his bed :) i really like the month-by-month collage.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, little Ollie! Cool growth collage. Truly, it is amazing.