3.09.2010

bp's Science: what's the biggest organ in your body? (v.1)


What am I up to? Well, this: Every Tuesday I am going to post something neat about science.

Why? The other day someone guessed that H20 was a hand in the game of 21; so it sounds like we all could take in a little more science. Plus, it will force me to learn (or remember) something every week. Why not? So join me. Take a minute or so to learn about the world around you. Then go and share your knowledge with others. It should be fun (maybe just for me, but I hope not).

bp's Science: what's the biggest organ in your body?
Brain? Liver? Lungs? Actually, the biggest organ in your body is your skin. When your "epidermis is showing," your dermis and subcutaneous layers are also hard at work protecting, cooling, and/or keeping your body warm.

Is this too elementary? Come back next week for another rockin' fact.

6 comments:

Jess said...

You're epidermis is showing. Couldn't resist.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Nice idea. A tribute to science. Look forward to more!

ash said...

Jess you found my mistake. I have since fixed it. Great start for my science series. Gee, maybe it's a sign.

jo said...

Too elementary! I know you've more advanced facts in that brain o' yorn. And therefore I cry, "Too elementary!" I mean, I happen to know you took Vandie's chem and the like. I happen to know just how smart you are, so you can't hide your talent under and bushel.

But, with all that said, I love this idea, and I love the dermis update. You can bet I'll be back next week.

Jess said...

Actually, Ash, I did not mean to point out your mistake of using "you're" versus "your." I was just making a cheesy joke and happened to include a typo. I am glad that my typo could help you fix your typo. What a helpful typo.

kel said...

here, here! i'm all for bp's science Tuesday. and you've got to start some where, why not the skin. not all of us were A students in Vandie's class. that said, i am looking forward to them more challenging stuff, you know, string theory and such.