7.23.2009

pH balanced

The other day, Jess left the house wearing my deodorant. He returned home to exclaim with surprise that my cucumber & green tea stick proved to work quite well throughout the day. He has since used it more than once (It took us a while to re-up his stock).

I, too, have been known to use Jess' deodorant. There have been times I've been out of my own. I recall thinking once, when talking with a coworker, "Do you think he can tell I smell like Old Spice Sport?" That's when I decided I probably shouldn't do it any longer. I liked Jess smelling like his deod, not me.

This brought me to thinking, are we the only people using each others' antiperspirant? It's all the same stuff, right? With different scents.

7 comments:

Matt said...

We have done the same thing - both ways, depending on who forgets to purchase deoderant.

Chap said...

I no longer look. I just use what is available. Sign of aging._.

Chap said...

One day, when subbing many years ago, I was asked to be a PE teacher for the day. After an hour or so I realized I'd forgotten to put on deoderant. I asked around the other teachers and finally, out of complete desperation, accepted the use of a man PE teacher's roll-on!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

You guys are hilarious! I have yet to sample Old Spice but now I'm curious...

Janice said...

When Chris was in Dental school, my mom would buy huge packs of Lady's Secret deodorant. Chris wore it all through dental school. Once he graduated, he said, "OK, I have worn your deod for the last four years, it is time I can wear what I want."

Jess said...

Blame it on secret with their "strong enough for a man, pH balanced for a woman." I don't really know what the pH balanced part means, but "strong enough for a man" is good enough for me (when my manly deodorant runs out, of course)

Natalie said...

I've used Adam's but he won't use mine. He's got a thing against antiperspirant and will only use deodorant. I don't get it.