7.07.2009

It feels like, well, today

What is it today, the 7th?  I have to admit, I'm really not on top of the dates these days.  At work, I lived by the calendar.  Outlook kept me on schedule.  Meetings tomorrow, 9am and 2pm.  Launch of system on June 1.  Documentation complete by the 25th.  Requirements out next week.  You get the picture.  

It's a little different these days.  It's a good different.  Ollie and my schedule goes something like this, in no particular order: wake up and talk a bit; eat some; sit outside and feel the wind on our faces, watch the neighbors, stare at the leaves; eat some more; take a walk up the street; sleep some; stretch; sit with family.

The boy's growin' and he's really cute.  Is today the 7th?  No matter, it will be a good one.

8 comments:

Janice said...

Gotta love being a mother with a newborn. Sigh.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Yes, life is grand!

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

I know how you feel. I was thinking that today. What day IS IT?!?! Wednesday? Thursday?

Annie said...

Oh how I miss the days of life with a newbie...take advantage of the lazy days cause they don't last long:) Did I mention that that li'l guy is ADORABLE?

Chap said...

From the Godfather-said with fake Italian accent: " Wednesday, Thursday, Monday"... (via You've Got Mail)...

You can sure tell it like it is, Ash, and in the most delightful way!

jo said...

What a luxury of the job.

I remember feeling like that as a little kid during the summertime.

These are good times.

kel said...

it sounds like the adjustment is coming without too much trouble. what a great little fam you have.

Angie said...

That is the perfect description of the first few months. Can't wait to see little Ollie again soon. I'm sure he looks so much bigger now!