4.07.2009

Good Burger Eats in the district

I like to eat out. I do. I like it a lot. Eating out for me is more than just about the food, it's about the outing itself, it's about the conversation, it's about the restaurant's ambiance. Plus, I really like ketchup and ketchup with french fries is really good and I only try to eat french fries at good restaurants. Excuse me, I digress.

Jess and I have found some great places to eat out here in DC and the surrounding areas. Truth is, Jess has found the places and I just get to join him. The man can look at restaurant reviews like I can look at blogs, that is, for a long time. Recently, Jess has been on this hamburger kick. Here are some of the best burger places we've...er... Jess, has discovered in DC.

Central (get the house mayonnaise)
Good Stuff Eatery (go simple, in other words, don't order a fried egg with your burger)
Ray's Hell Burger (no french fries here, but you won't need it based on the size of the burger)

As for me, I'd like to find a place out here that makes good shakes or things like unto a Nielsens Frozen Custard concrete. Any suggestions? And no, Johnny Rocket's doesn't fit the bill.

post note: another name for this post could have been "Ashley likes fatty foods," hmmm, I may have to post on some healthy foods next.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Next time you are in SLC, we need to take you to Salt City Burger. BEST in SLC.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Great to hear a bit of "Ash Commentary" on food. My mom read your blog and then called to talk with me all about Dives and Diners and your post. HA!

Jess said...

Ray's Hell, while the title is not exactly kosher, makes some of the best burgers I have ever tasted. Way better than BK or even McDonald's. I know, surprising...but, surprisingly true.

kel said...

i hope to dine at one of these spots while hangin' with the fam.

Kelsey said...

Hey Ashley! I found your blog on Lindsay's. Here's another burger place to add to your list: http://www.elevationburger.com/. Dave and I ate there last time we were in DC and it was great. The shakes were the best part...but the fries were good, too. Hope you guys are doing well!