11.06.2008

I tried to read Pride & Prejudice

But when I tried, I found that it was so similar to the movies I've seen, I couldn't go on. I'm one of those people who, if I already know the story, I can't read the book. I also can't read books more than once, even if I forget them, because as soon as I get into the book, my memory tends to work again and I remember everything. I'll give P&P another try, maybe I just need a bit more time between seeing the movie and trying to read the book. Is there a Jane Austen movie that hasn't been made into a movie? If so, this would be the book for me!

6 comments:

jo said...

I completely understand where you're coming from here.

I don't know which have been made into movies (I'm sure they all have) but I enjoyed Mansfield Park and even Northanger Abbey. Both a bit more obscure and maybe a bit more controverisal, but still pretty good.

Natalie said...

Ashley! You have to try again! The book is so much more funny than the movie! Give it a few weeks and try again. I agree with Jo - try Mansfield Park.

Angie said...

Remember when we went to Mansfield Park for the second time at Movies 10 and saw a slightly different showing? Ha! Such a scandal. Also, I agree with you. If you didn't read P&P before seeing the movies I'm afraid it's too late. I've been reading Sense and Sensibility since before Sam was born. I think I'm going to give up.

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

i hear you, same reason i don't really don't like watching movies again. unless they were amazing.

ash said...

That showing of Mansfield Park is still a mystery to me...

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Oh! The Mansfield Park... the other day I saw it at Blockbuster. I checked the rating... PG-13. Hmmm??? It will always be an enigma.