10.16.2007

Programming

Man, this is already a nerdy post. But still, I'll continue. I remember once, I heard one of my friends from college mentioning that he had a computer programming assignment to do, that it was taking him days to finish it, and that in the end, try as he might, he would probably get a C, at best. I also remember going through the QA library book shelves, showing computer science students where to find their C++ or Java or SQL books. They always looked so mundane. Now, at work, I'm in a SAS class, learning some easier programming (so I can review files that make up about 15% of my work). Man, it is brutal! You need to add a '.', don't forget to close all of your parenthesis, make sure you stop the loop, end the pointer, merge correctly, enter the commands in the right order, think about what's going on in the PDV. I must say, I am in the dark (even though my teacher is quite good and actually makes programming seem fun - did I really just type that?!?). Anyhow, I thought I had a grasp of the basics of SAS and maybe I can write some small programs, but I have determined that it was definitely the right decision to never ever consider computer programming as a major, a hobby, an interest, but only as a subject for a short blog post.

3 comments:

jo said...

Ha ha ha... Even still I don't know how to make things bold on a blog comment

BOLD

see... it keeps telling me my "< b >" tag is not closed... whatever that means

Janice said...

Yes it is a nerdy post but your computer intelligence is in a whole different gallaxy than me.

kel said...

watch this jo...

BOLD

oh, and this...

italics

still, i have no idea what SAS is unless it's the text messaging way to write sass as in 'don't sass back.'