1.10.2023

Ansel lately

The other day at dinner, we had spinach and cheese ravioli with carrots and blueberries on the side. One ravioli had broken open while cooking, so Ansel decided to try putting a blueberry in it. He then ate it and said, “interesting.” The kid loves to cook and try new foods. He always asks to help in the kitchen. 

He’s into shoes, but has his own opinions. Air Jordans? No. Crocs? No thank you. Vans? Yes. Adidas Sambas? Yes. And the other day he said, “For my next pair of shoes I want kiziks.” His uncle designs them for a living and he’s excited to have a pair. 

Lately, we’ve been watching Amazing Race with the kids. It’s a good show to watch for adults, teens, and young kids (Elsie excluded, she makes it through about half). We enjoy watching and have fun choosing who we want to win, what nicknames we give the players, and how funny Phil can look sometimes. The other night Ansel was considering who he would go on the show with. “I think I’d take Grant (his buddy).” I responded with, “You wouldn’t take me?” To which he answered, “Um, maybe not mom.” Then he thought for a while. “Actually, I think I’d take Uncle English. He’s good at a lot of stuff.” His uncle is definitely good at a lot of stuff and I guess I support his choice. I just can’t believe Jess has chosen someone other than me and now, so has Ansel. 

No comments: