12.19.2022

The comments of a 6 year old

Ian’s really into drawing these days. Take for instance, this drawing of a buff Santa. Look at that six pack!
Then he decided he wanted to draw me. This was his first try. 

Um, what!?! This looks like Ozzy Osbourne. I was like, “Ian, is that for real supposed to be me?” He decided he wanted to try again. 

After seeing his retry, I wasn’t so sure I should have responded quite like I did to the first. Among so many other things, what is with the hair? It’s seems to have stayed consistent between drawing one and two. 

For those of you reading this who may have a hard time remembering what I look like, this is it. Okay, maybe there is some similarities when it comes to the hair. 

But to add insult to injury, Ian later commented, “Mom, you look like a grandma. You just have lots of wrinkles.” Nothing like a six year old to keep you humble.

No comments: