4.14.2021

Kids!

Here are some tidbits of kid happenings lately. I tell you what, it’s continuously entertaining over here. 

Elsie has a turbo version of her walk. If you say “I’m coming to get you!” or “Let’s change that diaper!” or “What’s in your mouth?” She goes on supa speed and its accompanied by the cutest little laugh. 

Ian is making the neatest and most hilarious four year old observations. One morning we were talking about privileges. Ian turned his head to me and asked with all sincerity, “What are privileges mom? Toots?” 

Ansel came home the other day wondering what energy drinks are. I explained to them that they are high sugar, high electrolyte, caffeine drinks that usually don’t taste all that good. He then explained, “someone at school said that if you mix energy drinks with Mountain Dew, you can live to be 2000 years old.” I asked him what he thought about that, to which he replied, “I know that’s not true. And you’d have to drink a lot of energy drinks.”

Oliver soaks up information like a sponge. Lately, he’s been learning about ancient civilizations in his social studies class and now he’s onto modern wars. We got talking. “Who’s assassination was the impetus for World War I?” I asked, knowing that maybe his name included a Ferdinand(?). Oliver told me the name was Franz Ferndinand. Nice going Ash, you knew that, I thought to myself, and then I asked, “Where was he from? Spain?” He answered, “Are you joking mom? Does Franz sound like a Spanish name? He was from Austria.” Well, I can’t know it all. But, the thing is, Oliver almost does.

It’s constant movement over here. Lots of this and that and the other thing going on. One day Oliver was doing homework, I was reading and watching kiddos. Ansel came home from school and knocked on the locked door.. “I’ll get it!” Ian exclaimed and rushed to unlock the door, swinging it open with great aplomb. Elsie happened to be directly in the path of that swinging door. Bang! It hit the front of her head and then Bang! She fell back and hit the back of her head. A “Goodness gracious!” came out of my mouth as Oliver came from the other room with “what happened?” as Ansel entered with surprise and Ian explained, “I didn’t mean too. I’m sorry!” I grabbed Elsie and she quieted down as we made fun faces at her and rubbed her head and back. Then it was back to normal. Oliver finishing up his work. Ansel gearing up for practice and asking if he can play with a friend beforehand. Ian shoeless and wanting to go ride his bike. Constant movement. Constant movement. Onto the next thing. 

No comments: