12.25.2019

Feeing the aloha spirit

I got the chance to spend some quality time with some quality people before Christmas. My last girls’ trip for 2019 just wrapped up, and it was a winner! I mean, look at the setting:

Hanauma Bay

Waikiki Sunset

Parasailing, snorkeling, swimming in a waterfall, relaxing, açaí bowls, burgers, noodles, conversation, picture taking, laughing, and enjoying it all. These women I know from marrying into Jess’s fam are top-notch. We missed those who couldn’t make it. I guess that means there must be a next time :). 

Maka’puku Lighthouse

This time around I got to see whales swimming beyond the island (something I’ve long awaited for), a turtle bobbing its head up, iridescent fish, and lots of birds. But the most important thing was spending time together and enjoying these people, most of whom I don’t get to see regularly. 

Where we saw the whales up on Maka’puku. 


Along the Waimea trail. Those trees! Those moss-covered rocks!


And the final sunset along Kaneohe on our last day there. 

Until next time Hawai’i. Mahalo! A huge thank you to my mother-in-law who planned the whole thing and brought us together for a smashing good time. 

1 comment:

Chap said...

Yay! Now I can look at this when I want to relive our moments!