6.24.2019

This guy

Today, I had to lie in bed and Ian hung out with me most of the day. I was going through some 24-hour bug.  We read books and when I didn’t have the energy to read anymore, Ian kept grabbing new books, climbing up next to me, his back leaning against my torso, looking at the pictures. I watched as his eyes studied each page. His eyes darting back and forth and then stopping to stare at one or two details. Then he’d turn the page, pressing against the paper then finishing off the flip with his pointer finger and thumb, eyes open wide at the curiosities of the next illustration. We usually don’t have moments like this because life gets busy and, when I’m well, my kids like action! But today was slow and, although a summer stomach ache is never fun, it allowed me to watch this little two- (soon to be three-) year old do his thing.

Ian wants to be involved in it all. He waves to neighbors and chats with them. One afternoon as my neighbor pulled into her driveway I heard Ian yell, “Excuse me CC, where did you go?”

The other day we went to Toy Story 4 and 45 minutes into the show Ian said, “Mom, let me see your watch. It looks like it’s time to go home.”

He usually asks where Ansel or Oliver is and always plays with the bigs kids especially when friends are over. One of our neighbor 7-year-olds recently told me, “Ian is my favorite!”

He’s one great kid!

No comments: