1.07.2011

Books Read in 2011

Below is a list of the books I read this year, with my ranking from 1 -4.
1 = poor,
2 = okay,
3 = I liked it,
4 = I'd buy it for my library

Before taking a look at my list, I must make a disclaimer. I've found that suggesting books for people is kind of a tricky business. Every person's likes or dislikes of a book are very different regardless of how great a friend they may be or how well you feel you know them. Plus, one never knows what line is drawn for acceptable content and whatnot. Not that I'm all into swear words, but you know what I mean.

And now for the list in alphabetical order:

A Room with a View = 3
  • Atonement = 2
  • Born on a Blue Day = 4
  • Born to Run = 4
  • Cannery Row = 2
  • Catching Fire = 3
  • Gershwin: His life and music = 4
  • Lizard Music = 3
  • Mockingjay = 3
  • The Color of Water = 4
  • The Color Purple = 3
  • The Glass Castle = 4
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society = 2
  • The Help = 3
  • The Hunger Games = 3
  • The Lost Symbol = 3
  • The Princess Bride = 4
  • The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio = 4
  • These is My Words = 4
  • Three Cups of Tea = 4
  • Now onto 2011! My first book is a mystery.

3 comments:

Janice said...

I've read most of these but many that you posted as "4" I have not. I need to add them to my list.

jo said...

Born to Run and the Gershwin book are next on my list.

Have you ever read Little Women? That's a classic that I just recently reread and have been thinking a lot about. I'd recommend that if you haven't already read it.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Ash! I just made a similar book list pst for 2010. I read 2 of your recommendations and loved them!