11.30.2009

Post Thanksgiving o-nine

Don't you love pouring the leftover cream (that you used for your mashed potato recipe) on top of your cereal after Thanksgiving? I do. Yum.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of good cheer, turkey, and lots of THANKFULNESS. My gratitude list is long. Very long. And I was happy to celebrate. We were invited to our friend's house and brought the mashed potatoes, the apple pie, cranberry sauce, and spinach salad. Yes, one of those things is not like the other. Let's just say, we had a lot of spinach salad left over. We decided that on Thanksgiving, people aren't really into eating fresh vegetables. I actually asked one of the guests if they wanted some salad to which they graciously responded, "I don't think I've got room on the plate!" 'Nough said.

The fresh cranberry sauce (or is it relish?) was my favorite this year. See here, because you'll want to make this for Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That's funny about the salad. Adam's mom made one too and I think it was mostly all there when we left. :)

kel said...

sounds wonderful... but what about the yogurt pie? ha ha!

Trisha said...

You know, I really, really like spinach salad:) I would have had some, or a lot.

jo said...

Well done! It sounds like you had one awesome Thanksgiving.

I'm definitely going to give the cranberry sauce a try.