10.14.2009

OBX dude!

Before real life began, we decided to take a little family trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. For years we have heard how great it is and have wanted to go, so go we went. For some reason, I thought it took around 14 hours to drive there from our home, so I was more than pleased to find out it only took 6. (However, I must quickly note that when I entered Outer Banks into the GPS, it said that it was 1000 miles away. My heart sank. We were to arrive at 6am the next morning! Then we recalled that for our last destination, we had turned on the "avoid highways" navigate button. After turning off the avoidance, the trip mileage was decreased by 600+ miles. Ahhh, a sigh of relief. Note to Ash - get to know geography better.)
6 hours later we were there, and we had a great time.

Our near-the-beach cottage

Oliver's first time feeling the ocean

I found a shark egg
The Hatteras Lighthouse
This is the life

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so stinking jealous! We always wanted to do that and never made it. Sigh... Maybe next year???

Janice said...

We are going there next summer with my brother's family. So excited.

jo said...

What an adventure! Nice job dudes.