12.09.2008

'round and 'round the National Christmas tree

This past weekend we took a little trip downtown to see the renovated atrium of the American History Museum and the National Christmas tree on the White House grounds. It was a fun trip which included an episode of getting very hungry, leaving all of the food I had brought in the car (which was several blocks away), and then insisting I had to eat 2 street vendor hot dogs to hold me over (while Jess only consumed one). I'll tell you, those dogs are twice as delicious when it's really cold outside and you're mildly famished. Anyhow, the tree was a sight to see. And as we came upon the sight, it began to snow (something that hasn't happened much in the area this year). We couldn't have asked for a better holiday night.

5 comments:

jo said...

Sounds like an adventure!

Did you sport a sweater-jacket combo?

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Wow! That tree is huge!

Speaking of hot dogs, have you heard about the all you can eat section at baseball games? You could have as many hot dogs as you want there.

Also, the man who has the world's record for eating the most hot dogs in some certain amount of time dips them in water before he consumes them. He says that makes them go down easier.

Merry Christmas!

Natalie said...

I still haven't seen the National Christmas Tree. I know, I know, I have no excuse. This is my year!

Kelly said...

Hey,

I don't have your e-mail but will you contact me? I have an invitation for you for my cello recital. Same deal as last year. It would be great to see you. I really wish you were in our ward. Can't you just ever so subtly pass some hints? "Excuse me Bish, but I need to be relased!"

I saw Fred and Lindsey over the break. Took some pics of their kids on our blog. They are such great people. You are lucky to be related. They were the ONLY non-family we saw in Utah.

Kelly said...

Oh yeah,

kellymstewart at gmail dot com