4.26.2008

Service + Finals = the following

I just got back from our Stake's Youth Conference. We had a wonderful time. We had the opportunity to paint murals, plant gardens, and clean a city elementary school in downtown DC. This kind of a thing should be done more often. We also got a chance to do a little rock climbing, dance to some hip beats, and enjoy friendly conversation. Heck, I felt like a youth participant, not a youth leader; except for the fact that I got a full itinerary at the beginning of the conference including all stake youth leader cell phone numbers.

Jess had a good time too. The man didn't sleep one wink from the Friday night we arrived to the Saturday evening we came home. He stayed awake all night in a barn (the designated location for slumber), surrounded by 50+ sleeping individuals, typing away on his laptop in preparation for a final on Tuesday. Good for the health? no. Great for the final? yes. And thus we see how extreme testing schedules in concurrence with leadership duties can affect your actions.

4 comments:

jo said...

ha ha ha... crazy jess.

i can't believe you're a youth leader. it seems like just the other day we were dancing to groovy beats at the A*R*M*Y youth conference in 1999, though they insisted on putting Y2K on the shirts. i'll never understand it.

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Wow! That is some tough schedule. I hope his finals went well. We moved on Saturday, so Jeff has been studying hard this week to make up for it. I hope all is going well with you!

Natalie said...

Good for Jess for making it all work, but that stinks. I hope he aces his final as a reward!

Da said...

Jess,

I admire you!! I hoped you did well one your exam. I wish I could have helped but then I knew you can do it!! You guys are just awesome!